Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Whole30 Day 3

I woke up this morning feeling rested and ready for some action on the slopes!  I blended some french pressed coffee with the usual butter and coconut milk with cinnamon and I have to say, it's starting to grow on me.

I did sweet potato hash take 2 (added some dino kale to it and it was delicious) with a ghee fried egg and half of an avocado with lime and salt. Sorry, I remembered to take a photo AFTER I had eaten half of it.  Thats the hard part of doing this! Remembering to take photos because I'm usually so darned hungry and amped up when a meal is ready. 


I've been making some really delicious smoothies for the kids each morning.  I'll have a sip or two but don't really want to start my day with a sweet concoction even if it's 'ok' technically.  The kids aren't expected to abide by the rules of this but I have removed almost all sugar from their diets and they eat the meals I prepare for dinner.  


Eno has been helping with the smoothies every morning and he's so good at it!  I've decided to treat them to a 'smoothie of the week' throughout this because it's such a good way to get some important stuff in their bellies right at the start of the day (along with an egg or two).  The smoothie of week 1 is: The Sunshine Smoothie
1/2 cup frozen mango
3/4 cup frozen pineapple
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup of coconut milk
juice from 1/2 of an orange (I ate the other half)
Blend until smooth. ENJOY! 


We went skiing today which meant I needed to pack lunches.  I quickly put together a kale salad with grilled chicken that I prepped on Sunday, carrots and tomatoes in basalmic vinegar and olive oil. I made a big enough salad for us to share.  I actually brought a larabar for us to share but it was too sweet and I couldn't eat more than a few bites. 

Dinner was the dumbest, easiest and most satisfying meal of the day.  I fried slices of plantains in ghee, kevin made some guacamole and we ate beef hotdogs with franks original hot sauce. This is the only photo I took. HA!  Plantain chips are my new obsession. 


I felt amazing today.  My energy level was through the roof.  Ready to do it all again tomorrow!

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!  (I think this is the first New Years Eve in a decade that I've been 100% sober :)